The SSC-R High School derives its goals and objectives from the Catholic Christian Philosophy of Education, the mission statement and philosophy of the Augustinian Recollect Order and the country’s National Development goals.
Specific Objectives: The High School Department envisions the emergence of a Catholic Christian Filipino, mature, responsible and socially committed and imbued with the Augustinian Recollect ideals. Thus, the department’s curricular, co-curricular and extra curricular offerings aim:
- To inculcate in the minds of the students the spiritual and moral values, making them responsible persons who see God as the source of moral obligation, and who accept Jesus Christ as True God, Master and Savior;
- To assist the students to achieve responsible leadership and social commitment based on the Catholic Christian principles and the Augustinian Recollect ideals;
- To provide relevant and meaningful activities in the school community where the students are at home with God in their service to others especially the weak and the needy, and at home with Mary, their comfort and joy in their restless journey;
- To help the students in the choice of a career and pursue a plan suitable to their skills, aptitudes, intelligence, interests, abilities and personality;
- To give our Filipino youth a quality education that can distinguish them from others who are in search for new knowledge applied to Philippine realities;
- To develop the students’ skill to think with objectivity, open mindedness and intellectual honesty in the discussion of issues within the context of social sciences;
- To assist the students in evaluating themselves so that they can embrace the range and quality of their participation in solving the family, community, national and international problems, resulting in the person’s commitment to moral and socio-economic development;
- To create among students and the school community a conscience of national identity in order for them to contribute to the acceleration and realization of the country’s economic and social goals;
- To improve the student’s self expression in the Filipino language for a better appreciation of our cultural heritage, thus strengthening the nationalistic spirit;
- To aid the students to gain proficiency in the use of the English language in order to develop a deeper appreciation of the vast range of human experience from the wealth of literary materials which will help them concretize their self-values, ideas and standard to serve as basis for social conduct;
- To provide the students with a clear understanding of the simple concepts of space, time, matter, motion, force and energy so that they may understand and appreciate common phenomena and perform basic laboratory skills and apply this knowledge in solving relevant problems not only in the school but also at home and the community settings;
- To clear the students’ understanding about the interrelationship of all living things in the biological principles for the betterment of life and the improvement of the ecological settings;
- To provide the students with concepts and major theories so that they can recognize mathematical relationships and perform fundamental operations, thereby gain the skill of deductive reasoning through discovery and analysis;
- To foster the principle of “a sound mind in a sound body” and raise the students’ level of competency and effectiveness in varied sports activities where they form the values of cooperation, courtesy, obedience, fair play and sportsmanship;
- To provide the students with the basic knowledge and skills in the different studies of the practical and performing arts that will equip them with an entrepreneurial orientation and the essential life skills, nurture their God-given talents and develop their love and interest in the arts.
- To implement a technology course related to computers so that students can use these tools and be aware of the effects they will have on their lives and recognize their impact in the society.