Quarterly Academic Awards
Every quarter, the school gives a Certificate of Recognition to students who have achieved excellence in their studies based on the recommendation of the Committee on Honors and Awards. Best in Academics Certificates are awarded to the top ten (10) students by year level and to the topnotcher per section. Best in Religion and Conduct Certificates are awarded to the over – all topnotcher by year level and to the topnotcher per section.
Year – End Academic Honors and Awards
- The designation “valedictorian”, “salutatorian”, and “honorable mention” shall apply to graduating honor students.
- There shall be one valedictorian and one salutatorian for all graduating classes. However, in case of a tie between two candidates, both may be declared valedictorians or salutatorians.
- The following criteria and the corresponding relative weights shall be used in determining the valedictorian, salutatorian and honorable mention awards.Academic Excellence -seven (7) pointsAcademic Excellence shall be based on the general average of the graduating of the students in the last two years (third and fourth) of schooling. The final grades in the fourth year should be completed before the last three weeks of the school year, and should be based on the work done during the last grading period.
Performance in Co – Curricular Activities -three (3) points
Performance shall cover the achievements of the candidates for the last two years, including active participation in authorized organizations or clubs, literary, musical activities, athletics (school, provincial, city, regional, national and international levels), awards in relation to school work, civic activities, membership in the barangay, researches, and other outstanding awards in athletics, school paper, and school band. The rating shall be based on the combined assessment of all the third and fourth year teachers of the candidates.
5. Ranking of the students for honor shall be based on the total weighted ranks of their academic and co-curricular performance.
Year – End Co- Curricular Awards
- Activity honors are given at the end of every school year.
- There is only one honors certificate or medal per club/organization. If the club/ organization has several sub-units (e.g teams,scout troop, etc.) there will be one honors certificate per unit if there are qualified members of such honors.
- A student may receive only one honors certificate during the school year to allow more students to get it during the school year.
- At the end of the 4th year, over all awards are given to deserving undergraduates and graduating students.
- The criteria for the activity honors are:
- leadership qualities
- all passing marks in the different subject areas